000 (triple zero) Police, Ambulance, or Fire as well as mental health response via ambulance/police support for all ages.
- SA Police (non-urgent) – 131 444
- Mental Health Triage – 13 14 65
The SA Health Mental Health Triage Service operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This service:
– is the main point of access into public mental health services
– can provide advice and information in a mental health emergency or crisis situation
– is staffed by mental health clinicians
– will assess and refer to acute response teams where appropriate.
- Urgent Mental Health Care Centre – 8448 9100
A free, no referral required, welcoming place for people experiencing a mental health crisis located at 215 Grenfell Street, Adelaide.
- SA Health directory of mental health services.
- South Australian Government Crisis and Support Lines Directory.
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) is a specialist non-crisis community mental health service for those with complex/severe mental health needs up to the age of 18 (16 years in some regions) at no cost.
Access to the service is via triaged referral on 1300 222 647.
- Homeless Connect SA – 1800 003 308
24/7 state-wide telephone service for anyone experiencing homelessness in South Australia. Available anytime as a free call to help you find information and a direct referral into homelessness services.
- Domestic and Family Violence
Phone 1300 782 200 or 1800 800 098 (free call from a landline).
This service is operated by Women’s Safety Services SA. Click here for their statement regarding LGBTIQA+ persons and intimate partner violence.
- Yarrow Place – phone 8226 8777 or 1800 817 421 for services for rape and sexual assault.
- Lived Experience Telephone Support Service – 1800 013 755
Peer-based, after-hours phone and online chat to access mental health support between 5 pm-11:30 pm, 365 days a year.
- QLife – 1800 184 527 (3pm to Midnight everyday)
Web Chat Service – (3pm to Midnight)
QLife provides anonymous and free LGBTI peer support and referral for people in Australia wanting to talk about sexuality, identity, gender, bodies, feelings or relationships.
A suicide prevention hub made by LGBTIQA+ people who have thought about suicide, lived through suicide attempts, supported others in distress and live with the pain of loss through suicide. (Victorian run but national resource)
- Beyond Blue – 1300 22 4636 (24/7)
Web Chat Service – (3pm to midnight)
- Suicide Call Back Service – 1300 659 467 (24/7)
Web Chat Service – Operates 24/7
- Lifeline – 13 11 14 (24/7)
Webchat – Operates 7pm to midnight (Sydney time)
- Kids Help Line – 1800 55 1800 (24/7)
For ages 5 to 25 years.
Web chat Service – 24/7
- 1800 RESPECT – phone 1800 737 732
National sexual assault, domestic family violence counselling service.